Sunday, September 5, 2010

Bye-bye, buddy




Today, I attended a small Bon Voyage party for my friend who is moving to Macedonia. After church, I ran home and freshened up before heading to the party. Another friend of mine was hosting it and he showed his culinary talents by preparing bar-b-qued ribs, arroz con pollo, and salad. It was really delicious. He outdid himself.

My friend informed us of his attempts to learn the Macedonian language. He's able to read the script well; so well, in fact, that he can't read the English version of Macedonian words. He's a tenderhearted individual, and I think he will get along ok...but he's also known for being a jerk as well.

During the party, I kept feeling really tired. It wasn't until I got home that I realized I was a little depressed about my friend leaving.

It's not very comforting that his international flight takes place on September 11th. But I will simply keep him - his life and his soul - in my sincerest prayers. I have seen time and time again that God does answer them.

Considering how hard it is for me to loose a friend for a measurable period of time, how tragic must it be for a child who looses a loved one, even for a short amount of time?


No comments: