Friday, August 3, 2012

Getting it All Together

Sitting in a room erupting with supplies and materials is a dream for many teachers around the world.  So, I am grateful for these resources.  But organizing them is a challenge for me.  I have a habit of overdoing the complexity involved within a system of organization.  This is a habit, however, which I cannot allow to disrupt my ability to prepare for the fast-approaching school year. 

Sir Coolman and I did something we hadn't in a very long time.  I crept into my closet, tapped the back, and watched the plain wall transform into the doorway of the unseen room.  Once inside, I rambled through its contents to locate some kind of resource that could help me. 

So far, one of the best resources I've found is the book Every Teachers Guide to Classroom Management, by Alice Terry.  I bought the book for either $0.25 or $0.50 from a book fair at the library.  But it's value is priceless.  Charts, illustrations, and lists make it simple to to use without forcing me to actually READ it.  I like it. I hope my own experiences can one day be so helpful.

No comments: