Saturday, July 21, 2012

Interview: Day Extra

Well, it turns out that there were still three questions that I hadn't answered. 


Interview Question:
How would your students describe you?

My Answer:
My students describe me as being nice, kind, warm-hearted, and sweet.  I have even been told that I am “cool.”  Some of the smaller ones say that I am “pretty.”  But I have also been told terrible things about myself.  One little girl called my bi-polar.  I was called a bully by a large young man who was around 6”5 because I wouldn’t let him sleep in class.  The funny part is that, these same students who told me terrible things would be first in line to say how wonderful I am.  I suppose it’s just the age.



Interview Question:
What was your favorite course in college, and why? 

My Answer:
Choosing one course as my favorite is a difficult task because I had many wonderful experiences in my college classes.  But I would have to say that one of my favorite courses was “Mathematics for Elementary Teachers.”  This course helped me to explore all sorts of instructional strategies that can be used to teach the same concept.  I believe that this course was so excellent to me because of the instructor.  She was kind, considerate, and made the experience very enjoyable.  Though the course was about an hour’s drive away, I actually looked forward to it.




Interview Question:
What is the most exciting thing happening today in your area of study?

My Answer:
Some of the most exciting things happening today in my area of study would have to include the breakthroughs in technology that make knowledge accessible to all kinds of learners.   The development of numerous gadgets and devices that level the playing field even more for students with disabilities is astounding.  Additionally, the widespread knowledge of various disabilities, such as autism, is also cause for excitement.  Knowledge empowers those with disabilities as well as the world they live in so that the two meet in a place of acceptance.  

My Thoughts:
In all truth, these were not the best answers I could have given; but I didn't want to keep my interviewer waiting. Perhaps if I wasn't feeling so lazy, I could have come up with something really phenomenal.

No comments: