Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Private Consideration

Since the summer began, I've been engaged in finding another teaching job. Due to circumstances beyond my control, my annual contract wasn't renewed. I've applied for about 75 different jobs posted to the county's site, acquiring only three interviews for my efforts, one of which was secured by my former principal. With such results, I've had my first interview within the private sector...and what a beautiful experience!

I'm waiting for a call for a second interview, at which time I will meet with the principal, who is also the pastor of the church associated with this excellent school. It wouldn't pay as much, and it wouldn't have the same benefits as working for a public school. But I would have the opportunity to teach a room full of 2nd grade children with sacred input...I'm so excited!