Friday, August 6, 2010

Exploring Autism

Throughout my time as an instructional assistant, I have almost always been involved with instructing students with specific-learning disabilities. I have seen students with autism, and even had some enjoyable times with them. But I don't feel comfortable with my level of experience. Accordingly, I asked for this kind of experience specifically for my first internship; and my request was granted!

While I am extremely excited about this opportunity, I am also at a loss as far as how to best serve this population of students. So, I've been doing what any good pre-service teacher does when they don't know something: research! The result of this small endeavor resulted in my finding this Informative flyer.

Besides some Internet research after work today, I asked the current primary VE teacher at the school where I work. I was glad to have spoken with him as he was able to enlighten me on the need for developing curriculum for students with self-contained classes of students with autism.

The more I learn, the more I realize that I have lots left to understand. But, the longest journey begins with a single step. So, I'm on my way.

1 comment:

Raven G. Duran said...

Hi there, Nice Blog Posts, As what I've seen You still have the classic Navbar on your Blog, you can remove it to make your blog look more professional.

You can refer to this post:
http://www.blogger-bookmark.com/2010/05/how-to-remove-blogger-navbar.html

Optionally, You may want to change the old default favicon of blogger blogs, you can refer here:
http://www.blogger-bookmark.com/2010/07/how-to-have-custom-favicon-for-blogger.html

I like sharing some Blog design tricks and tips on other bloggers.

You can visit my blog and I hope you will find it useful
http://www.blogger-bookmark.com