- Bitesize - This excellent site from the BBC is full of interactive lessons and activities that help students understand the ways of matter. This is where I found the little animation above.
- Utah Education Network - This page has a list of free interactive lessons on science (though this does not include anything about the properties of matter).
- Science Storybooks - Free ebooks based on scientific concepts
- Teaching 2.0 - A great resource for professional development. A great look at what's available to teachers.
- Jefferson County Schools Site - I'm not from Jefferson county (in fact I didn't even look to see where it is) but this site has some really excellent resources.
- Space Shuttle Interactive - Though this item is from NOVA (which I honestly do NOT care for anymore), it seems engaging.
- Science Cartoons - For older kids or those who are very advanced in their understanding of science.
I'm sure that there are lots more. And I'll be looking for them.