Thursday, July 19, 2012

Interview: Day 5

Today's question brought me back to yesterday's.


Interview Question:
How might research in educational psychology, such as theories about how children learn or how the brain functions, influence your approach to teaching?


My Answer:
Depending on the validity of the research in question, research findings in educational psychology would affect the organization of my instructional practices.  Also, depending upon the findings of that research, I would make sure to incorporate these facts in my planning, both long-term and short-term.  This would only make sense, as it would affect the efficiency of my instructional practices.  As in my previous response, I believe that a deeper level of understanding these processes of learning would help me in effectively presenting information to all students, especially those who have difficulty learning in the whole group setting.

No comments: