Thursday, August 19, 2010

Epiphany of Fearlessness

This Saturday, I am scheduled to take the FTCE-Professional Education Test. This is a standardized way to make sure that I have at least an inkling about education before being allowed to enter the field.

I was originally pretty confident about the whole thing until I started "reviewing" using a guide book and found that some basic concepts were completely new to me. I felt angry, betrayed, and afraid. I had come so far, yet I felt less prepared than when I started.

Last night, I was awakened by bright blue light pouring from the seems of Sir Coolman's box. I yawned, rolled over to the other side of the bed, and pulled the mirror from its velvety case. I saw the numbers 4 and 13. I had no idea what it meant, and would have lied back down if Sir Coolman's face hadn't appeared in the face of the mirror. "I can also sense when you're fearful, you know."

"Another feature? You were one of the best purchases I ever made, you know that?"

He glared at me before smirking. "You must admit that, at least for you, fear can be paralyzing."

I nodded. "I agree with you, Sir Coolman."

He light smile flashed across his face. "Then I must remind you that you can do all things through Christ."

4 and 13... My sudden epiphany must have shown on my face. Sir Coolman scowled at me. "Yes! 4 and 13! Have you completely forgotten every Scripture you've ever known?" He faded away and I placed the mirror back into its case.

He was right. I would do it, through Christ, who would strengthen me.

No comments: